Thursday, September 25, 2014

Week 9/21 #2

Before I get into a short review of Sunday’s gathering, I feel compelled to share a striking image that came to me the other evening as I was thinking about the journey we are embarking on together. 

The image is this: The disciples on a wind-tossed Sea of Galilee and they see Jesus walking on the water coming towards them. Even though he offers reassurance, they are still frightened, and then my old friend Peter enters the scene. He says, “If it’s really You, then tell me to come to you on the water.” Jesus says, “Come.” and Peter steps out of the boat, takes a few faltering steps, looks down (instead of looking at Jesus) and freaks out. “I can’t be doing this; I’m just Peter the ignorant fisherman. I cannot possibly possess the same power strength as the Master; I must be nuts to even try this.” And, of course, he begins to sink. (Matt. 14:22-33)

Peter has always been one of may favorite Biblical characters. He’s like Charlie Brown with the football, falling on his behind time and time again, but getting back up.

That’s me! Walking on water sounds very cool; just like realizing myself as being the Loving consciousness of God. So here I am; I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked down, freaked out, sunk like a stone and had to be pulled back onto the boat, flopping around like a fish until I got my breath again.

Then do you know what I would do? I would go find another book or another workshop about “walking on water” (I hope your realize now that is a metaphor). I would read the book, feel good for awhile, and then maybe try it again.

Well, my impressions are that this is not a book about "how to walk on water," the is a book that opens us up to experience of walking on water. But it is not about just jumping in; surrender can happen in stages. We might need first need a raft or swimmies or a life vest for awhile—whatever that means for you—no judgment, no comparisons.
Wherever you are is fine. We will grow; we will let go; we will transform. That’s a promise. Period!


There is also no need to get hung up on this “guides or ascendant masters” thing. Just know that God, the Source of Love, is leading us to a state of mind where there is only peace, joy, love, light; no judgment, no comparison, no conflict, no separation. It is called the Kingdom of heaven and it already exists inside of you. We are simply waking up to that truth. 

1 comment:

  1. As I read the words of these posts, I outwardly weep~ weep tears of such JOY! Inwardly, I notice an affirmation, a connection with Spirit, with Truth, and I am at Peace, somehow I become aware that I Am Home! All the years of my religious teachings, I was told that when this body dies, we go home/to heaven to live eternally...for me, to be here now, in this body, yet I Am Home!!!! Wow!! What an awakening!!! What else can I say except, thank you for the time and intention of these posts. Truly

    ReplyDelete