Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I AM THE WORD P. 57-62 part 1



“I am Word through this understanding of the Creator that I am at one with. I am Word through my intention to know myself as loved by my Creator.”

“These two affirmations will actually support you in your own knowing and your own acclimating to the understanding that you are loved.”

“How can you not be loved by love?”

This question and our acknowledgment of it as Truth is the essence of ALL spiritual teaching. Without this, spirituality is either an intellectual exercise or an emotional trip which is completely dependent on external situations.
The way Paul (the Evangelist) put it: 
1 Corinthians 13:
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

And it is not just about being loving; it is about being Love. Our task is to love until we realize there is truly nothing else. 
It is sometimes frightening and challenging to allow ourselves to go beyond those self-imposed boundaries of lack and unworthiness, but that is the ultimate task of Spirit.
We will be returning to the Love theme periodically, but please keep in mind no matter what words are being used, not matter what tasks are being preformed, no matter what the ideas that are being explored, it is all about loving yourself, letting God and others love you, and flowing with the truth of love as who you truly are.

I said this in a sermon awhile ago, and I think it fits here. I am trying to love the me I think I am with the me that I think I am—-can’t happen. I’m trying to make myself worthy with the part of me that doesn’t think it is worthy. Can’t happen.

So much of the work of claiming ourselves as WORD is to allow ourselves to be helped and guided to a deeper, more true sense of the essence of who we are; to be aware of that inner/Divine self; to identify with it and to love from it. That is the Christ Consciousness, that is our birthright.

I certainly struggle with this one, and what I have learned is that my first response when confronted with the task of loving myself is to make a list of all the ways I do not love myself and all the ideas/beliefs/pieces of past history that get in the way of my accepting love. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would encourage you not to go that route—it simply does not work and usually creates more difficulties.

The best and simplest approach I know of is to become more and more aware of those times/circumstances/people/places and things in your life that allow you to be more loving, to accept love. Once you are aware—DO IT MORE!!!!!!!!!!
Don’t save a favorite song or restaurant or book or friend for a special occasion. Every moment you can love more deeply; experience more joy is a special occasion.


Say this one often: 
“I am a child of God. I am the knowing of myself as a child of God coming into himself as the Christ. As I do this, I understand and I believe the deep love of my Creator is supporting me in ways I know, touch, experience and realize in fullness. I know myself as loved. I know myself as loved. I know myself as loved. Word I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”


You’ve probably noticed that all these teachings are supplemented by a prayer/affirmation like the above. I would encourage you to say them out loud, even if you are just by yourself. Each one of these prayers/affirmations are reinforcing the powerful experience of our transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment