Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chapter One The Word 1

Most of us have heard that “we create our own reality,” that you created whatever is showing up in your life.

I had a real problem with that one. I realize some of  resistance was from my ever-active ego(who wants to take all the credit, but none of the responsibility). The ego would always like to find someone or something else to blame. Remember Laurel and Hardy: “Here’s another fine mess you gotten me into.”

BUT there was also my confusion that could not understand why I would ever create, fear, shame, stuckness and situations in my life that would reflect those things.

I greatly appreciated the text exploring this idea in a thoughtful way that both makes sense and presents me with an opportunity to make changes without having to go on another cosmic guilt trip.

First we have: “a combination of things going on: your life as you intend it and your life as you undermine it through your unconscious patternings. And the two things fight all the time. “I want a lover, why don’t I have a lover?” “I want more money, I can’t seem to keep more money.” “I want a friend, but I don’t have a friend.” You can ask all these questions and we will give you the same answer anytime: that when you have a pattern that sabotages your own life’s intentions, you have unconscious patterning that needs to be cleared. Now this is one level of understanding and we will say that this is number one.” (pp. 29-30)

This brief paragraph allowed me to understand the whole concept of “self-sabatoge” in an entirely different light. I’m not doing anything on purpose to screw myself up; what is happening is that I am attempting to hold onto two conflicting thoughts at the same time without realizing it. So in essence what is happening is that my thoughts are canceling one another out! 
I had never perceived it that clearly before.

The second piece is that we are also under the influence of global and cultural beliefs that have been with us for millennia, and we don’t even realize these systems or structures are there. This includes the unconscious beliefs we have that can also influence our behavior and our choices.

Then lastly we have the imposed limitations or “ceilings” as the text calls them.
“This as far as I can go. This is as far as I am “allowed to go. 

My suggestion here and many other places as well is to LISTEN TO YOUR HEART.
You will know when to rest and when to climb, and you will also know, because of your intention and willingness, growth is always taking place. 
Perhaps “growth” is a misnomer. What I am speaking of here is becoming more and more aware of our Oneness with God.


“The beginning of it is the hard part. The understanding that you are the Christ and that it can be made manifest is the key. Once the key is in the lock, the door is open and you are on the run, because the energetic configurations that are required to bring this into form can be brought to you with your intention to require it. 

If you say to the universe, “I want to manifest myself as my own Divine Being, as my Christed Self, as my Higher Self embodied,” however you want to decree it, you have to understand that you set in motion a process and once this process is begun, this process continues. You may pause . You may break. You may wander away and you may wander back, but the evolution of your soul cannot stop itself from forward motion and your soul already knows that this is the key to your growth.” (pp. 32-33)

I love that piece. Ram Dass said
“Once you are awake (on the path), you cannot fall asleep again. You can doze (forget) once in awhile, but you will always be back..”

As the text states: “the beginning is the hard part.” A metaphor for our movement here: It’s like trying to roll a heavy stone or push open a door that has been stuck shut for a long time. At first we push and push and push and nothing seems to be happening. Many people give up at this point. The whole thing just seems too hard, pointless—“I’m working and working and nothing is happening.”

But if you keep at it you will begin to feel a slight bit of movement, now it might seem that the stone or the door go right back to where they were, but that is not the case, because if you push now, you will get a little more movement, and a little more. 

“So we will say to you this : Once the key is in the lock and you have said , “Yes , I am on this journey,” your own soul will manifest itself and the opportunities you require to bring this growth into achievement will present themselves one day at a time.” p.33

Here is a simple/profound description of what this text and this journey are all about.
To be the Christ simply means to be yourself in full realization of your power as a piece of God in action. p. 33

I realize there are all sorts of questions that arise here, but notice to as it suggests on p. 34 all those mind questions can be ways of just slowing down the process.

I’m reminded of the original Karate Kid movie (and there are similar scenes in Star Wars with Luke Skywalker and Yoda). 
Part of the deal that Mr. Miagi made was that Daniel would not question his teaching or his tactics, and it was not until much later on that Daniel was able to recognize how much he had learned from seemingly pointless tasks. 
(wax on/wax off)

I’m not suggesting we become brainless automatons—I’ve had my share of that role. The difference here is that we are not trying to figure something out with our heads, as I mentioned before. We are learning more and more to listen to our hearts.

When you rise, your landscape changes. How it feels to see the world, how it feels to see the self from a higher vibration, is markedly different from what you can imagine.

The old self walks away and does not come back, because the old self was never truly there. It was always illusion that you were separate from God. It was always illusion that you were not loved by your fellow man. It was always illusion that there was war.

Very Important!!!! Please notice how the text follows this up

Now we are not discounting physical experience. Physical experience is very real. And you turn on the television and there is famine and there is war and there are all these “strifes” that preclude people from believing that such things, the things that we speak about, can be so. But we will tell you this. On one dimension, these things exist and they are teachers, if you will learn from them and they will release. On a higher level, we say they are illusion because the physical reality that you exist in is illusion as well.

Not to debate the real/illusion thing, but what this is saying is anything that is changeable, is illusion on the highest level. As soon as you think you’ve got “it” its changed! So what have you got? You don’t have what you thought it was because it isn’t that anymore!!!!!!

The following embraces and embodies the energy of HOPE. I would encourage us all to be willing to believe it.

One man cannot war with his fellow and that brings peace, and that peace will resonate. One man can ascend into his Christ consciousness and change the world. And this has been done on a singular level many times in this history of this plane. It is going to be done now in many, many, many, many people as the planet begins its ascension into the new millennium of peace and understanding and truth. That has the promise. It is the promise . And those illusions that will continue to present themselves, the self-loathing, the fear, the war, may continue in a lower frequency for those who require it, but it will not be the case as you ascend in consciousness. We said earlier the view changes, everything changes, everything is changed. (pp. 35-36)

Thank you for your willingness and dedication.
We will pick up on page 38 on Sunday.

Bring questions/comments/ areas too explore.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment