Monday, November 17, 2014

I AM THE WORD p. 62-66


The language and emphasis of this text is different from what we usually encounter. One of the reasons is that we sometimes need a change in language and focus in order to take some ideas and truths that have lost their impact for us.

We have heard so often, “I am a child of God; I am made in the image and likeness of God; I am the creation of of Love I am unconditionally loved; I am unconditional love.” 
The intellect gets jaded and bored and responds with, “Yeah, yeah, what else is new?” It is so easy to lose those deep truths because the mind is looking for more drama, more zip.
Very similar truths to the above are in this text, but now put into the language of Word and frequency, so we have to put aside our old used up, dried up expressions and experience the Truth in some deeper ways.

The mind will continually question, “What does this mean, ‘I am Word.”’ “What does it mean to be Word; what am I meaning when I say this?“ The thing to realize is that the mind will never be satisfied for long at any answer. That is just the nature of the mind. If it were not so, there would be no curiosity, not exploration, no creativity.
It’s fine to seek answers to those questions, simply realize no matter how wonderful the answer you discover is, you will be asking the same question again a week from now.

The answers are not to be found in satisfying the intellect, even though it’s fine to continue working with that piece. It is the heart, the soul, your inner being that will resonate with the Truth.

So as I explore the deeper meanings of “I Am Word,” I begin to discover that phrase is “shorthand” for many spiritual truths.
"I am Word" means: "I Am a child of God; thoughts (of love, God, peace, etc.) never leave there source; I am one with God; there is no separation; the power of God, the Divine power of creativity is within me…." The list could be endless, but I think you get the idea.

There are so many marvelous prayers and affirmations throughout this book, and they are all ways of claiming our Divine power that is already present: to heal; transform; love; grow….


             THE BODY and ENERGY

We have begun to think and experience ourselves as energy, not just a physical body.

But how often do we remember that? Most of the time we are just moping along—thinking—subliminally we are a body—what that does is continually reenforce that limited sense of who we are.

I would encourage saying* that affirmation/prayer on p. 64—read and imagine what that is like.

“As I sit quietly, I will now experience myself as energy and I will set this intention: I am Word through my intention to experience myself in the higher frequencies. I affirm that my vibration is lightening and lifting in a way that I may know, trust, and feel. I am being supported in this work by the guides and the teachers who are working with us through this time. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”
So be it. God bless you. I Am Word.”

*It would benefit all of us to say these affirmation/prayers out loud.


RESISTANCE

The test describes Paul’s resistance as having the elements of skepticism and wariness.

Victoria’s resistance is described differently, as taking the form of  challenging of accuracy and consistency.

You might notice that both of these sets of resistance’s are primarily intellectual.

We can also have resistance in the areas of emotional and/or spirit. 

A piece of my resistance might be stated as follows: “Well, OK, here’s another method, here’s another book, here’s another channeled thing that’s supposed to change me and the world. OK, I’ll bite-let’s see what happens. (but I find myself doubtful). Now that’s a combination of Paul’s skepticism along with my own fear of disappointment—or I should say my ego’s fear of disappointment. 
“Well, you know, I’ve tried this and I‘ve tried that, and I’m still the same old %%&&^$%%$ I always was."

Do you see the problem here? The "I" that I am expecting to change isn’t really who I am. 
That’s what I am discovering. When we speak of enlightenment or transformation, we are not speaking about getting rid of something,  doing something differently, or creating a different reality. We are speaking of coming to the realization of what already exists, what always has existed.

John 1:1-3New International Version (NIV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

This is who you are. Deny it; run from it, but that will not change the truth of it.

                                      %%%%%%%%%%%%%

We are all both teachers and students in the classroom of Planet Earth, and this text is a not only a map, but also fuel for the journey.

“In some ways, what we are giving you is an action and a progression of events that will unfold as you partake in the exercises we connect to this writing. And we say to you that on this level the connections are profound because they will align you frequency-wise to the work that we intend. The intellectual manifestations of this text in writing, in verbal communication that is then transcribed onto a page, is actually secondary to the information that is brought through on a Christ level into the consciousness of the reader, or the “experiencer” through the process of engaging the text energetically.”

A gentle yet powerful reminder that this text is an experience, not just an intellectual exercise.


Peace,

Gerry

No comments:

Post a Comment