Wednesday, January 7, 2015

RECOGNITION 3

I probably do not need to clarify this, but I will anyway. I did not intend to be flip, nonchalant or irreverent when I said that “I am making it up as I go along.” When I am with you on Sunday morning and other times, I am not “thinking” about what I am going to say next or what the “right” answer might be. As best I can I am prayerfully opening myself up to Sprit to allow as much Truth as I can to come through. Sometimes I am as surprised as you about what is expressed. I cannot tell you the many times when words have come from my mouth and I whisper to myself, “I really need to remember that.”


The essence of today’s work is quite simple, when we open ourselves up (through willingness and intention) to Transformation, then Transformation happens—it has to happen; it cannot not happen.
Now what form Transformation takes is very much up for grabs.

I would think that the essence of Transformation (sometimes also called alchemy) lies within our perception—where we begin to see aspects of our lives differently (and that could include ourselves, others, our thoughts, ideas, patterns of behavior, etc…)

When we begin to perceive something differently, or in a new light, we can more readily be aware if it is still useful or if it no longer serves us. Then we can make choices.

Again, quite often these choices will involve internal mechanisms, although sometimes the “outer” world will need to change as well.

Now, the ego kicks in here with a lot of fear, because if there is anything that threatens the ego it is change. To the ego, change equals death. That’s why there is so much resistance and fear, and, of course, much of the ego’s resistance and fear is projected into the future that does not even exist yet—and might not ever.

One of my favorite questions to ask the ego when it gets into this kind of snit is, “When was the last time you predicted the future with any accuracy?” and it does not have a serviceable answer to that question. 

Much of this negative fearful stuff has been generated from childhood learning, that has stayed with us. How often did we hear, “See, I told you… (that stick would poke you in the eye; that you would fall off that branch; that candy would make you sick, on and on.) Out of all the thousands of times we were “warned” not to do something, there are only a few when that parental prediction of disaster happened. Unfortunately it is those few that we remember and surround with fear.

When we set out on the road of Transformation, none of us know we it is going to take us.

Most of us will not be called upon to change relationships, jobs, homes, etc.* The greater challenge is to allow transformation of those inner things we have clung to for so long. 
  • if you are called to any of this, you will also realize you have “know” the truth of it for some time, you are simply allowing it to rise in consciousness.


Becoming aware of the things we just can’t do anymore. The thins that no longer make sense. The things that no longer serve us.

 In this consciousness, this realm of Transformation, we might not even be ware of what we need to release or what we need to recognize or discover. Not to worry. Here again is where willingness and intention come in. I become willing to release all that no longer serves me, all that keeps in the lower vibration of fear and scarcity.
I’d like to close with a paraphrase of the poet/mystic/philosopher Plotinus: “Let your mind and heart release all that disturbs you. Let your body be still, and all the frettings of your body, and all that surrounds it; let the earth and sea and air be still and heaven itself; and then think of Spirit as streaming, pouring, rushing, and shining into you, through you, and out from you in all directions while you sit quiet. (from A Path with Heart, Jack Kornfield)

Thank you, again for letting me share the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment