Thursday, March 26, 2015

IDENTIFYING AS WORD 2


p.172-176

You have to say on a certain level that “I will allow myself to begin to experience my experience in a dimensional way that exceeds the limitations that I was told I was allowed to have.” When you say, “Yes,” to this, you actually unlock a door in perception, in the perception of other realms of experience. And they can begin to address you through your consciousness. p. 172

This is a tough one for many of us. We have been taught to live in limitation, and we have also learned to define ourselves within limitation. If we perceive the world and other people as being unsafe, then we learned it is best to keep your head down. If you have a gift, keep it to yourself.

We could go about telling ourselves and everyone else that "the world is perfectly safe because it is an illusion to begin with," and if that works for you—use it.

What is more effective for me is to focus on my awareness of my Higher Self and reinforce the awareness that “nothing of importance can be taken away from me.”

So however you make that commitment, 
“I will allow myself to begin to experience my experience in a dimensional way that exceeds the limitations that I was told I was allowed to have.” say it often, remind yourself of it often and let it work for you.”

My ego became all involved when the book started speaking of clairvoyance, etc. I had the ridiculous image of me wearing a robe and a turban on my head holding crystal ball. And then I began to thank how cool it would be to have those other gifts; then I ought, "Well they haven't manifested yet, maybe I’m doing something wrong." And,of course, I wound up getting myself tied up in knots.

Then I recalled 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing."

I discovered that one of the things that is going on with me lately is I am more aware and more compassionate. I am allowing myself to be much less judgmental of others and myself. If the thought or the urge to judge comes up (which it often does) there is a little more room inside me to decide to do the loving thing rather than the judging thing. 
 I am learning that I am not consciously in charge about how my growth and awareness shows up. I am here to do the work, and one myself up to the possibilities. 


As I continue to open myself up to Divine Love and Grace, I continually allow myself to go beyond these self-imposed limitations as well as those limitations I might have culturally inherited.

No comments:

Post a Comment