Saturday, September 12, 2015

LOVE INCARNATE 1


We began to explore the idea in this book, and most spiritual literature, that when we are speaking of energies such as love, joy and peace, we are speaking much more  deeply than the level of feelings and emotions. Unfortunately, we do not have an adequate vocabulary for these concepts, and so when we are working on understanding these energies on a spiritual level it is very easy to confuse the emotional and the spiritual.

The book does  an excellent job in redefining love as a spiritual force and to separate the spiritual experience from the emotional one.

“However, love is not a feeling. Love can be felt, but it is not a feeling. Love is a frequency. It is the action of God expressing himself through you as love.”


As we examined this truth and how it affects us, we also explored other “feelings” some of which we might define as negative. 
Many times we are told we “should” not have these feelings. It is wrong to be angry or fearful or doubtful or even sad.
Now perhaps when I become fully in the flow of Love, none of these earthly feelings will affect me, but up until that time, how I feel or how I react to the stuff of life will be “grist for the mill” of my spiritual growth.

The shortest verse in Christian Scripture is “Jesus wept.”(at the death of his friend Lazarus). He was not above feeling sadness for the loss of his friend. 
So we also experience sadness, grief, fear, joy, impatience, annoyance, peacefulness—all of which are part of the human condition. We do not usually have much of a choice about how we are feeling, but we do have a choice as to how we hold those feelings. We can hold them in self-judgment (which is not very helpful) or we can hold them as points of growth and deeper awareness of Self and our relationship with God. 

Now that second choice is not always easy. It is much easier to try to distance ourselves from our “negative” feelings, but when I begin to realize that my feelings, even the ones that seem to be automatic, are my response to life situations, I can begin to work on transforming my responses.

OK back to love, beyond feelings. 

“God’s love is unconditional. Understand this, please. It is unconditional. It is manifested as you, as an aspect of you, and if you want to believe that you can experience yourself as love, you can attune to it. But you have to do this through your intentions. So:

“I am now manifesting myself as the energy of love. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”
As you manifest yourself as love, your experience begins to transform. And as it transforms, you understand yourself as a vehicle of the Creator in action.”


No comments:

Post a Comment